We want to be confident, relaxed, focused, and instinctive when we are competing, but HOW?! 😬🤯🤷♀️
There were so many times my coaches or parents were like, "Paige, just be confident out there!" And all I could think was... okay, that's great, I wish I felt like that, but I DON'T!
Don't you worry, girl. I'm going to give you some how to's! 👏
It is all about your mental preparation.
Think about it like your practices, lessons, extra work all week. You are practicing your skills, building strength, and working on your conditioning.
Mental preparation is just mental conditioning. Working on your mindset!
This means you are going to have to take some action and start practicing to become mentally prepared for your games. Here comes the HOW! 👇👇👇
It's all about your pre-game routines and habits. Here is a list of different routines and habits you can start doing and adding to your very own pre-game routine.
1. Visualization: see yourself succeeding
2. Positive Self Talk: mantras, affirmations, opinions exercises, write it out!
3. Journaling: get it out on paper, practice your positive self talk, work through what you are feeling
4. Breathing: 4 seconds inhale, 4 seconds exhale, repeat!
5. Listen to your favorite music: rock it out girl!
6. Eat Healthy: fuel your body!
7. Dance it Out: move that body and get those nerves moving!
8. Plan Ahead: get your bag ready, set out your uniform, be prepared!
9. Stay Present: be mindful and in the moment, don't you worry about what will happen or what has happened!
Choose a few of these routines and habits to add to your pre-game routine to start becoming more mentally prepared for your games!
Which ones are you choosing?! Comment below! ⬇️⬇️
In the Mental Game Mentorship, we are practicing these things DAILY! Want in?! Schedule a call to learn how to put these routines and habits into place here!
You've got this girl! Keep on keepin' on! 💕