Watch and learn from current Western Kentucky soccer player, Kenlee Newcom on how to create confidence.
Here are some of the things that really stuck with me after our conversation:
🔸 How she leans on faith to be confident...
- If you build your confidence on something shaky, it's going to waver. If it's in Christ or truth, then you will be confident all the time in that.
🔸What she does to feel confident in games...
- Pre-Game Routine: Pray for Him to help me not think, let go of my thoughts. Listen to worship music.
- During Game: Thinking about how this is a game you've played for so long, just play!
🔸How Kenlee bounces back from mistakes...
- Have a short-term memory and choose to think something different to let it go!
🔸Important advice for athletes from Kenlee...
- Don't be afraid to do the work.
- Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Be different.
- Be where your feet are.
- Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
- Focus on what you can control instead of what you can't control.
- If you want something, go get it!
Kenlee's favorite Bible verse...
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance.
We have so much to learn from Kenlee! I love her drive, her humility, her passion to share Christ. I can’t wait to continue to see how she shines! Thanks Kenlee!!
You can follow Kenlee at…
👉 Follow: @kenleenewcom
Loved this interview? Share it with another mom or dad or athlete that would love it too!
A Pre-Game Routine for Your Mindset!
Use this tool to create a pre-game routine in order to mentally prepare for games and show up confident.